Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I passed!

Hi everyone! I'm very sorry that I haven't written in a while, I've been pretty busy!
First of all, many of you were wondering how I did on my swallow test and I did pass! So, I'm still on the feeding tube but I am allowed to eat soft and/or pureed foods. Even though I passed the test, I'm scared to eat. I'll have to practice a lot before I become comfortable. I appreciate all your prayers and thoughts, and I'm hoping to get a lot more! I thank each and every one who is supporting me! I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I have. I'm staying positive and the people who are around me now are a part of that and for that I am thankful.

Love, Daniela

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad, Daniella! You're the strongest person I've never met. Please tell you mom my cellphone got run over, so I don't have your phone number! That's why I haven't called in a while...
    Miss you guys, big hugs! CynthieAnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daniella,

    I am so very happy to read that you did so nicely with the swallow test. In time, I hope you will be able to enjoy some of the foods that you want to eat again. I also am praying for you to have that tube removed altogether before the end of the year comes!

    Keep your chin up sweetie, you are so very special and are inspiring many of us that are amazed at your strength, your will and your phenomenal ability to share what you are going through, beautifully written.

    Please tell your mom, that I just got back from visiting Portugal and while in the Douro region I visited Quinta do Bomfim. She will understand.

    I am looking forward to your next writing and hope you keep up your great spirit!

    Roy

    ReplyDelete