Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sigh of Relief

I started to write last night, but I found my self falling asleep. I was basically going to mention that yesterday was my fathers' birthday, and every year on his birthday there is a meteor shower. I guess his birthday coincides with something that has to do with meteor showers. I'm sorry, I don't know the technical term.

I had a very hard morning today. It truly was awful. First, I woke up feeling fine then out of no where I threw up. I was soaked. As if that wasn't bad enough, we realized I spit my tube up - all the way from my stomach. It was ridiculous. Then I was still very sick and we had to go to the hospital. After my last experience with getting my tube changed, I won't let anybody change it except the radiologists, because they have the camera to see where they are going. But because I was still very sick, my mom couldn't drive, she had to stay with me. Thank God we have our dear friend, Ms.Joyce. Her and her husband, Mr.Isaac, are more like grandparents to me. They would drop anything and everything for me and I love them dearly. Anyways we arrived at the hospital and we had to call our nurse Maggie to schedule the appointment. But most appointments are scheduled months before the actual date. So of course, there was some problems with me not having an appointment. But as most of you know my mom, when it comes to her kids, no one says no to her or stands in her way of what we need. I admire her strength and determination. My mom made sure I was in, in 5-10 minutes, I had not had anything to eat and I was very nausea's with no way of getting medicine to help with it. Getting the tube put in was very uncomfortable but it was over in a few minutes. I'm so thankful for Maggie, my nurse, who did so much to get me in there. The doctor who got my tube in, he's phenomenal. He's very gentle and kind. Again I was blessed with wonderful people.

Love, Daniela

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the last week has been so hard! I wish there was something I could do.

    The meteors are called the Perseids Meteor Showers, also known as the "tears of St. Lawrence". The meteors can be seen every year around this time, with the peak always occuring right around our fathers birthday. I'm sure he's looking on you these days in complete awe of your bravery and fight. Keep at it kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela,
    I continue to stand in amazement at the courage you show and how bravely you express yourself as you write. I continue to be inspired by your writing and the maturity in which you write. I remember some of the conversations we had at my desk and the insight that you had even then. If was during those conversations that I realized that you saw beyond the trees/forest.

    I wish that there was more that I could do to help to take away the days like yesterday. Please know that I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and that I have asked others to do the same. You are a very special young lady.

    I wanted to post this on your Facebook, but I had some technical problems with it.

    Love,
    Mrs. Brubaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know you are ok. Did you see the lightning a couple of nights ago. It was non-stop for about an hour or more. dangerous yet beautiful. I didn't see the meteor shower, but I would love to see one, I will go on-line to try and see what one looks like. Praying for you always

    ReplyDelete
  4. IB/JB: Daniela - Ms. Joyce and I are very pleased and happy that you would say we are "like grandparents" to you. You are certainly a wonderful child, and we love you like a grandchild. Keep up your prayers and positive attitude. They will take you a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right in this world only motheres are the only one who does anything for their childs. And after doing something for childs they expect nothing from them.

    ReplyDelete