Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fear Nothing.

A certain someone has graciously taught me to fear absolutely nothing. This person has been through so much and to be the person that she is today is remarkable. What a wonderful role model. I have great gratitude for her and someday hope to be like her. Fearing nothing is exactly what someone in my position should be doing. Instead of putting my energy into being scared, I have to put my energy into getting better and working hard to do it.

I don't understand why when you most likely won't make it, doctors tell you. Instead of living your last hours living to the fullest, all your thinking is "Oh my God. I'm going to die." And you stop fighting because you've been told by a "super official doctor" that you're going to die. You start to lose the most important thing-FAITH. It's faith and hope that get you through hard times. Doctors are not God. They are only human. Thank God I was unaware in the hospital and don't remember anything. I am grateful for that.

Love, Daniela

9 comments:

  1. Daniela,
    You are a great inspiration to us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela,
    My husband read your Blog this evening and said your amazing. You are truly an inspiration to us all! Never lose your Faith.

    Love, Lynn Gelpke and family
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been fearing a test for a few days now, fearing not doing well and the impact it will have with the rest of my planning, fearing I'll be nervous and will stump - what a coward I am, when a child is talking about not fearing bigger real problems. You made me braver today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was forced to face my worst fears, someone told me that it's fine to be afraid, to be really terrified, even. But it's not ok to give in to it, to back off to a 'safe' place, to let fear defeat me. Going forward in spite of fear is going forward through fear, and on the other side of fear is something holy and sacred that will never leave you alone again.
    Big hugs, my girl,
    Cynthie Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."
    "Faith is the knowledge within the Heart, beyond the reach of proff."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Daniela,
    I work with your "someone special" am following your beautiful writings every day. We love you and are so proud of you.

    I've learned that to "fear nothing" is to be entirely liberated; fear is just something we construct for ourselves. Yes, of course, fear is an instinct, but to not fear is to move closer to the sacred. When we pull down the walls of fear, G-d is right there.

    Yours, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Daniela, i read all what you have post in your blog,, you are very strong girl,, you gave me an inspiration,, by the way iam from Baghdad\ Iraq,, your uncle told me about you,, he loves you so
    hope we can stay in touch
    your new freind from Iraq

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Daniel. You are very brave and strong. The truth is you have to fight with life. If you don't fight then also truth is not gone chang. I hope everybody learn to fight with life like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daniela,

    This post is very close to my heart. We all have fear at some point in life, but where there is fear there is also comfort. Despair...hope. I know that God will be by your side during this time....I don't have to tell you, you know. I can read it in your log and I feel like I can fill in the lines. I remember our conversations and I know that you are up to the challenge. I am so glad to see that you are writing.....and write you must. Your battle to win and your perseverance is shaping you into a special young lady who is making a difference with her life. You have given so many people courage to face their own battles and you are touching lives in so many ways that only you can do. I am so proud of you!
    Love,
    Mrs. Brubaker

    ReplyDelete